Water Heater Energy Efficiency Program
The object of the DS&O "Water Heater Energy Efficiency Program" is to promote energy efficiency and conservation by the DS&O members by encouraging members/consumers to install energy efficient electric water heaters; standard or lifetime units.
- Electric water heaters must have a minimum capacity of 40 gallons and a maximum connected wattage of 5500 watts. This requirement may be waived on a case-by-case basis, particularly in commercial applications, where a larger wattage or smaller capacity unit may be installed.
- Due to the change in efficiency standards, all electric water heaters installed after April 16, 2016 shall not be required to have a minimum efficiency rating in order to qualify for a rebate.
- All water heaters must be equipped with a safety pressure relief valve.
- Member must allow DS&O to install a load management device.
- You must be a member of the cooperative.
The payment for replacing a non-electric water heater, new construction or replacing an existing electric water heater are as follows:
- $100 for a standard warranty unit.
- $150 for a unit with a lifetime warranty.
How do I Apply for My Rebate?
If the unit you installed meets the qualifying standards of the program CLICK HERE to submit your water heater rebate request online.